The Microsoft Visio® Viewer 2002
allows anyone to view Visio drawings and diagrams (if created with Visio 5,
2000, or 2002) inside their Microsoft
Internet Explorer version 5.0 or later
Visio users can freely distribute Visio drawings and diagrams to team members,
partners, customers, or others, even if the
not have Visio installed on their computers.
Internet Explorer also allows for
printing, although this is limited to the portions of the drawings
that appear in the current view.
The Visio Viewer 2002 enables users to discover the advantages of using Visio
drawings, charts, and illustrations in a Web-based environment. It is particularly useful for teams
that need to collaborate from different locations.
For more information, see:
You must have Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later, and any of the following Microsoft
- Microsoft Windows® 98 Second Edition (SE)
Windows installer for Windows
- Microsoft Windows® Millennium
- Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0 with Service Pack 6
Prerequisite: Install the updated
Windows installer for Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows® 2000 (any edition)
- Microsoft Windows® XP (any
Recommended system hardware
The Visio Viewer 2002 requires the following minimum hardware:
- Intel-Pentium or AMD-Athlon class processor running at 200 megahertz (MHz)
- Random access memory (RAM):
- For Windows 98 SE: 24 megabytes (MB) of RAM for the operating
system and an additional 16 MB of RAM for the Visio
For Windows ME, NT Workstation 4.0, or NT Server 4.0: 32 MB of RAM for
the operation system and an additional 16 MB of RAM for the Visio Viewer.
- For Windows 2000 or XP: 64 MB of RAM for the operating system and
an additional 16 MB of RAM for the Visio Viewer.
- At least 15 MB of available hard disk drive space.
- Video adapter:
- Minimum: VGA (640 x 480) or higher resolution graphic card.
Recommended: Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution graphic card.
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse®, or compatible pointing
Download Size = 3790 KB
Download Time = 23 minutes @28.8 Kbps
Note The following steps can only be completed if you have privileges to install new
software on your computer. If you are unsure about whether you have privileges,
please contact your system administrator for help.
To install this download:
- You may want to print this page to use as a reference when you are offline.
- Download the file from the Microsoft Office Tools on the Web site by clicking the Download Now button (above) and following the instructions in the dialog boxes.
- Double-click the vviewer.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Instructions for use:
The following instructions apply if you accept the default selection in the
File Associations dialog box during
installation, associating all Visio file types with the Visio Viewer. If the
default is not used, these files will not be opened automatically by the Viewer.
- There are three ways to view a drawing:
- In Internet Explorer, on the File menu, click Open, click Browse, navigate
to the Visio file (VSD or VDX), select your file and click Open, and then
click OK. Internet Explorer will start the Visio Viewer to render the drawing
in the browser window.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click any Visio drawing file (VSD or VDX).
Internet Explorer starts
the Visio Viewer to render the drawing in the browser window.
- With Internet Explorer and the Visio Viewer already started, drag a
drawing file (VSD or VDX) and drop it onto the Visio Viewer frame. The new
file will be rendered in the browser window.
- The toolbar controls shown in the drawing below are available for viewing Visio
drawings in the Internet Explorer Web browser.
- About Microsoft Visio Viewer 2002
- Drawing page selection
- Zoom in
- Zoom out
- Zoom page
- Zoom to %
- Open this drawing in Visio (only active if Microsoft Visio is installed on your computer)
- Drawing shape properties & display properties
- Help (includes usage tips)
To remove this download:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Visio Viewer
2002 and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.
For support of this download:
If you are experiencing problems with this download or the Microsoft Office Tools on the Web site, please visit the Microsoft Product Support site for assistance.